The advantages of having a DUI lawyer are:
- Their ability to reach plea deal or negotiation which could reduce the jail sentence, reduce the fines and cost for a DUI given by the government. Check orlando lawyer.
- A DUI attorney can help you find ways to have the charges dropped and the case thrown altogether.
- They generally allow their customers to contact them at any time of the day and via any form of communication.
- Everything discussed with a DUI lawyer is confidential and protected by the attorney client privilege. Since everything is confidential between a client and an attorney, the client should be completely honest with the DUI lawyer to help build a defense.
- A lawyer can help delay the proceedings in the courtroom to help minimize the burden on the accused or even help move the case to a more favorable Judge.
- DUI lawyers have an easier time subpoenaing the police report and evidence against you, if you are cited for a DUI.
DUI attorneys will also be able to help you get a driver’s license back and/or have the DUI charge reduced or dismissed. If the suspect was arrested for driving under the influence and had his license administratively suspended by the arresting officer through the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, a DUI attorney can appeal the license suspension and, hopefully, recover the license before going to court. This will allow the suspect to keep driving until the case is in trial, while the judge has not decided whether or not to revoke or suspend the license criminally.
If the suspect in a DUI case is a first time offender, the DUI lawyer maybe able to have the charge reduced to a reckless driving. This will result in lesser fines, a reduced time of probation, a reduced sentence all together and may not involve a trial in the court. Last but not the least, one of the most important benefits of using a DUI attorney is that he or she will be able to determine if the officer has reasonable cause to stop the driver and whether there was reasonable cause to have the driver conduct DUI test. At the same time they would know whether or not the test was conducted properly.
There are no disadvantages of hiring an attorney because DUI laws keep on changing from time to time and only a lawyer knows them completely and in-depth. Sometimes you may feel that instead of presenting a defense, accepting your offense is better. But your attorney will definitely help you in many ways.