If your child has been permanently harmed as a result of medical staff’s alleged neglect when you were under their care, you have every right to find out what happened.
If the negligence was genuine, you and your family are entitled to compensation not only for the pain and distress you’ve had to bear, but also for the lifetime costs of caring for someone who might have limited ability to care for themselves.I strongly suggest you to visit criminal defense lawyers in Indianapolis to learn more about this.
Just because you want to hire a lawyer to investigate a suspicious case doesn’t mean you despise all physicians, mistrust all medical personnel and hospitals, or want to make a lot of money. This is also something that a reputable law firm should not do. Good personal injury law firms collaborate with some of the world’s most trained healthcare providers to ensure that things are not only just and equal, but also that reform is advocated for so that this doesn’t happen again.
If you’re looking for legal help with a birth accident, here are nine “common sense” items to think about when selecting a company.
1) Look for a law firm that specialises in birth injury cases like yours. Using a lawyer you already know and trust to refer you to one if you don’t have one in mind. A simple internet search will turn up hundreds of law firms who want your company but don’t really specialise in it or have the necessary expertise. You don’t want someone who has “attempted” the operation a few hundred times, just as you don’t want someone who has performed it successfully thousands of times while looking for a doctor.
2) Look for a company that hires specialists in the field that is relevant to your situation on a regular basis. If you think your baby suffered a birth injury, look for a company that deals with at least one board-certified obstetrician on a regular basis.
3) Look for a firm with a lot of capital. These types of cases can take years and cost millions of dollars. This isn’t money from your wallet; it’s cash from theirs. They can not recoup this money until the defendant has paid and a favourable verdict has been rendered. They are of no use to you if they cannot afford to see this through to the end. A large workforce, several years of service, and a long list of “wins” are all indicators of a company’s financial power.
4) Stay away from companies that are easy to “settle.” The prospect of a fast resolution can seem enticing at first, but defence lawyers will make “low” settlement proposals in the process. You need legal representation that can stand firm in the face of such offers and show trust in you, your case, and their ability to win. The amount of money you and your attorney believe is appropriate will not be anything more than the amount required to properly care for your child during their life. “Settling” only guarantees that the funds will be depleted before the need arises.
5) Don’t restrict your search to law firms in your immediate area. Many states allow the largest and most profitable companies to practise.
6) Take your time and do your homework by carefully testing the law firms’ qualifications and customer feedback. There are various websites and magazines that rate and review attorneys and their firms (such as Martindale.com, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and US News-Best Law Firms).
7) Never work with a law firm that demands payment in advance. And if they win should injury lawyers get paid after the verdict or settlement is reached.
8) Avoid working with a law firm that pressures you to sign a contract.
9) Make sure they give you the names and phone numbers of people you can call at any time with questions and who will keep you informed about your case at all times.
CONTACT INFO :
Cohen Garelick & Glazier
8888 Keystone Crossing #800, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone nO. : 18006247370